Monday, January 18

Christmas

This Christmas was one of my favorites. I'm not sure why. Maybe since I live so far away from my family I am realizing how precious the time we have together is. Everyone sacrificed so much time and effort to make Christmas special.

When I first got home Natisha and I drove to Vulcan to make chocolates with Alethia (sisters). I wish I would have taken my camera but I did get to take a picture later of the finished product. We stayed up so late making chocolates and having some good laughs that we spent the night. It was so much fun waking up in the morning and all of us crawling into Alethia's bed to watch T.V.

After a few days of Christmas shopping my brother Curtis came in from California. Everyone always looks forward to Curtis coming. He always has something new to share and introduce us to. The kids loved the cartoon he brought called Tin Tin.

My mom was the master mind behind the gingerbread house we made this year though everyone was enthusiastic to help give it that special touch.






At last the Schnoorlings came and brought the goods (my niecse and nephews and treats). I am always grateful to have such good nieces and nephews that love my kids.

My mom and I came across some Christmas decor the Max decided to redecorate. Poor Santa wasn't expecting this kind of surprise when he came down the chimney.

Another cute story about Max....he is a great dancer. Every time someone started singing, "I know you I dance with you once upon a dream...." from Sleeping Beauty, Max would start dancing. Steve was a little embarrassed. Immediately after the song was over Steve would say, "Ok, Max, time to go look at trucks with Dad."

Poor Summer got a cut on her forehead. I think I cried twice as much as she did. Good thing I had my mom there to help.

My Grandma is close to 90 and she is still such a beautiful energetic woman. We got family pictures taken and I snuck this shot in. Great grandma and her great grands.

At the Christmas program Sage was so nervous to sing but really wanted to. Everyone once else had something prepared so sweetest Ivy helped Sage with a duet. Thanks Ives!

Christmas morning the kids all have to come down the stairs together to see the loot Santa brought. They hate the wait but we love it.
The Hagues don't mess around when it comes to stockings. It is our favorite part of Christmas morning. We like them nice and big.


Playing in the snow with the gang.

A big steep hill in the backyard was fun going down. Not so much climbing back up, especially with a kid.
Someone was a little cold.


Isn't she beautiful.

Snow fort

Such a nice ending to a perfect holiday.

3 comments:

  1. I love your photos, so artistic! It looks like you had an amazing time and everyone looks so wonderful, healthy and happy :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome Christmas! So glad you got to go back home. And DANG those stockings were JAM packed! You were serious about not messing around!!!

    :) Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a ton of fun! I am totally jealous that you got to be with your family!!

    ReplyDelete