Today was such a random day. Summer had found a binki, pacifier, soother, whatever you like to call it and stuck it in her mouth. Summer's name for it is "Sue Sue". I decided right there and then that it was time to get rid of it. We found every "Sue Sue" around the house and put it in a brown paper bag and got in the car.
Fortunately she didn't know what was happening next.
We had a talk about how she was a big girl now. Here we are at Target, throwing away the "Sue Sue".
And this is what she chose to replace "Sue Sue".
And she is absolutely in love with it.......for now.
We also read an Elmo book that talks about how Elmo is a big monster because he can do things like walk and feed himself. I pointed out that Elmo didn't have a "Sue Sue" in his mouth because he was a big monster. She was excited that she was a big girl now and I hope she still has that enthusiasm tonight at bedtime.
so cute! I just wish I could package up Spencer's thumb and take it to Target--because I would gladly exchange it for a little toy ANY DAY! ;)
ReplyDeleteAwww, that is so sweet Melissa. Your little girls are so cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a big girl! I hope she went to bed okay last night. I love your family pictures--the turned out so cute & I'm very impressed with Sage's photography skills!
ReplyDelete